Dear GRASPA-SIS members,
we have the pleasure to draw your attention on the forthcoming initiatives of the group:
- The GRASPA 2019 conference will be in Pescara (IT), hosted by the University G. d’Annunzio of Chieti-Pescara, on 15-16 July 2019 and it is also the 2019 European regional conference of The International Environmetrics Society. Marc Genton (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia) and Alexandra M. Schmidt (McGill University, Canada) are keynote speakers. Abstract submission and registration will be opened on November 20th, 2018, and submissions will close on April 19th, 2019. See http://meetings3.sis-statistica.org/index.php/GRASPA2019/GRASPA2019 for all the conference information and updates.
- GRASPA and arXiv: in order to divulgate and promote Environmental Statistics, the GRASPA-SIS board has decided to integrate the website with a list of working papers published by members on the digital repository “arXiv”, available atwww.arxiv.org. Such a repository is managed by Cornell University Library and used by thousands of researchers of several disciplines, included Statistics, to self-archive preprints and disseminate results of research projects funded by public institutions. In the following days each GRASPA-SIS member will receive an email per each arXiv preprint with her/his name among authors.
- The formal status of GRASPA within the Italian Statistical Society has changed from Permanent Working Group to Group. This is not going to have visible consequences on the activities.
- ISI 2019 – 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress will take place in Kuala Lumpur (MY), 18-23 August 2019. GRASPA-SIS is well represented with Daniela Cocchi, Giovanna Jona Lasinio and Alessio Pollice, as organizers of invited sessions. Abstract submission is open at the conference web site. See http://www.isi2019.org/ for all the conference information and updates.
- SIS 2019 – Smart Statistics for Smart Applications will take place in Milano (IT), 19-21 June 2019. GRASPA-SIS members are in both the Scientific and the Organizing Committee and our group is well represented in the provisional program that includes at least four specialized/solicited sessions organized by Giada Adelfio, Daniela Cocchi, Alessandro Fassò and Laura Sangalli. The call for abstracts will hopefully be opened soon at the conference web site:https://www.mathesia.com/home/sis19/