Dear GRASPA-SIS members,
we have the pleasure to announce that Giada Adelfio from University of Palermo has just joined the scientific board of the GRASPA-SIS group. We wish to congratulate Giada on this new appointment.
Moreover, we would like to draw your attention on the following news:
– We have just launched the Facebook page of the GRASPA-SIS group. If you want to post some initiatives that could be of any interest for the group, please contact our webmaster Francesco Finazzi. Don’t miss the opportunity of following us on Facebook and please share among your contacts.
– The next TIES-GRASPA conference on Climate and Environment has been recently announced. The conference, satellite meeting of ISI 61th WSC 2017, will be held in Bergamo (Italy), from 24 to 26 July, 2017. The plenary sessions organized by GRASPA-SIS will feature Sudipto Banerjee (University of California, USA) and Brunero Liseo (University of Roma, Italy).
– Two PRIN research projects involving GRASPA members were successfully funded by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR). The projects will officially start on February 5th, 2017 and regard:
- “Complex space-time modeling and functional analysis for probabilistic forecast of seismic events”, with Giada Adelfio (University of Palermo) as principal investigator and INGV, CNR and Second University of Napoli as research units.
- “Environmental processes and human activities: capturing their interactions via statistical methods”, with Daniela Cocchi (University of Bologna) as principal investigator and University of Bari, Bergamo, Chieti-Pescara, Roma La Sapienza and Torino as research units.
With our best regard,
the GRASPA-SIS scientific board.